TenX Accounting & Tax Firm Acquisitions
Thinking of selling your firm? It’s a big decision, but one that can be incredibly rewarding for you personally–and when you choose the right buyer, equally rewarding for your clients and staff. If you meet the following criteria (or come close) and want to explore a possible sale, let’s talk.
Our ideal acquisition:
- Between $1M and $2.5M revenue; and/or
- Between $400K and $1.5M profit;
- Located in the southeast U.S.;
- With a services mix of tax, accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, strategy, and/or consulting (no audit or attestation work);
- Primary sources of revenue and client base is business (vs. individuals); and
- Has a strong team in place for client-facing work
Our Acquisitions Approach
Your firm’s success and legacy are an incredible foundation. Our goal is to invest in that and grow it further.
We’re on the same side of the table with you, working through terms till we’re both satisfied.
We aren’t used car salesmen and aren’t into pressure tactics. We prefer to have real conversations, even when they’re tough.
Our goal is to create a mutually beneficial deal that makes us both supremely happy at the closing table…and beyond.
Our goal in acquiring your firm is growth and value creation. We do this through our exclusive framework that harnesses all major aspects of the firm: Increasing top- and bottom-line revenue, empowering staff, and identifying marketing, sales, customer experience, and operational levers that TenX the growth of the firm and provide exponential value to clients.
Bottom-line vs. top-line focus
Extends to every team member
Own your mistakes and victories
Marketing & Sales Levers
Drive top-line growth with M&S levers
Customer Experience Levers
Retention, referrals, cross-sell / up-sell, productized services with recurring revenue
Drive bottom-line returns through efficiency gains
People and Processes
Teams need three things to grow, thrive, and stay loyal. We define those up front and communicate them often.
we do what we do
work actually matters
to drive results
Meet Gretchen Roberts, Investor and Business Mentor
- 2+ decades of experience in business, marketing, and consulting, with leadership roles in two public companies and small businesses
- Board of Directors, Exec Committee, and Secretary for a Malcolm Baldrige award-winning publishing house
- Owner, boutique vacation rental company
- Business and real estate investor
- Managing Partner of TenX Venture Group – business acquisitions and consulting
- Married, mom of four amazing kids and one adorable goldendoodle
“I’m on a mission to create the kind of accounting firm I want myself as a business owner.”
Steps to Sale
Wondering how it all works? Here are the high-level steps from initial meeting to sale.
The bulk of integration happens within the first 90 days, at which point we turn our attention to growth.
Clients via strategic handovers from seller to buyer
Employees via 1:1 listening tour, new benefits package, strong culture
Revenue via recurring revenue packages, upsell/cross-sell
Client base via referrals and marketing strategy
Profit margin via operational efficiencies & acquisition synergies
To create value for and through businesses for clients, employees, vendors, partners, and the community.
Explore a sale
Let’s have an informal conversation to start. Fill out the form or book a call with Gretchen Roberts.